Sunday 23 September 2012

monkey see, monkey do!

 Ever since Natallie could get her pudgy hands on stuff, anything and everything went into her mouth. All the toys and things that weren't toys like baby wipes, outlet covers, Q-tips were bathed in Natallie's slobber. But now I've noticed that when Natallie picks something up there is more than just the this-is-good-to-chew-on category. Now when Natallie finds a hair clip or an hair elastic she picks it up and starts rubbing it in her hair. And a few months ago when she would get her shoes or socks off, she would eat them right away. I even had a random stranger stop me at the mall and tell me that it's totally unsantitary to let Natallie eat her sock (thanks random stranger, if you only knew what I let her eat at home). Anyways, now Natallie likes to go to her collection of shoes and rub them on her feet hoping they will stick on. It's hilarious watching her try to get her shoes on. I don't think it will be long until Natallie starts to put on my shoes and walks around the house, she already tries to get her foot in my Crocs! Monkey see, monkey do!


when I get dressed in the morning, she finds clothes on the floor and tries to get dressed too
she knows that glasses are supposed to stay on your face

she knows how to play foos ball but cheats a bit to get the ball in the goal
she gets Simon's keys and rubs the keys all over the front door and is a bit sad when the door doesn't open

And in the video you can see Natallie trying so, so, so hard to put the Bjorn on so she can go for a walk


And in this video, she finds a dryer sheet on the floor and starts wiping my photo! But at the end she can't resist to chew on it just a little bit!

 It's so cute that now when Natallie snatches baby wipes when I'm not looking, she first wipes down the couches and helps me with some house cleaning before shoving it in her mouth. Yay!  I need all the help I can get!

4 comments:

  1. Natallie is surely a cute and clever little girl :=) It is hilarious watching her trying so hard to put on the Bjorn!
    If she would try to put on her own diaper, we don't need to "fight" with her or distract her with new "toy" everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the advice from random strangers who think they know your kid better than you do, eh? :)
    Fun videos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just laughed and laughed when I read this. It's hard to believe how much she has changed in just 13 months. From newborn to trying to do things by herself. It's amazing how much they pick up from watching you....keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww her sad face at the door, and the attempt at bjorn-ing herself is tooooooooooo cute!!

    maybe you should get some adult depends and model what getting your own diaper on is what all the cool grown ups do... THEN you'll be set!!

    ReplyDelete