Saturday 20 July 2013

Not Pinterest perfect.

Like most people, I have a love-hate relationship with Pinterest. I get so inspired looking at all the things that creative, talented people come up with. Of course some of these people really should get a life and not make intricate cake pops with the faces resembling each character off Sesame Street but one there are some really amazingly gifted people out there. I love photography, OK so maybe not so much taking the photo itself but having beautiful photos of precious memories so I have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest looking at ideas for maternity photos, especially maternity photos ideas that involve Natallie being in them.
 
When we were in Seattle, we went to Golden Gardens Beach and I envision capturing some gorgeous maternity photos like these ones on Pinterest. I realized that (1) I am not a pregnant super model (seriously, how do these women have such flawless looking bellies?) and (2) an iPhone 5 is not a great camera. So perhaps if I did look like these gorgeous women and had an actual photographer other than my more-than-patient-but-no-photography-skills husband to take the photos, I could re-create beach beauties like these ones:


But considering the above things and with the help of a little photo editing, these are my attempt at a beach maternity photo shoot. Not Pinterest  perfect but at least I can say they are of real life:




 
I also really want maternity pictures with Natallie in them. The ones below are my favourites so far and I have been trying to capture moments like these ever since I've had these pictures engrained in my memory. However, the kids in this photo must not really be REAL toddlers because REAL toddlers, at least mine, Won't STAY STILL for a second. And when the camera is poised and ready and I say, "Can you kiss mommy's baby?" she says no and runs away.
 
 
 
Simon's mom was here the last few days and she has a nice Canon camera and agreed to try a do a mother-daughter maternity photo shoot. Maybe these moms bribed their kids with candy or something because my daughter just wanted to run, run, run. Getting her to look happy and awe-struck at my belly was so boring to her. She had slides to go down and dogs to chase! Oh well, that's real life vs. Pinterest perfect for you.  These are the best ones we captured:





 
My sister is going to be back from Cambodia in next week and she agreed to try and do another maternity photo shoot for me at Spanish Banks. I am hopeful that we'll get some good shots but if Natallie just wants to play at the beach instead of kiss my belly, that's OK too.

1 comment:

  1. You and Natallie make beautiful "models", Vanessa being somewhat more cooperative than Natallie. It was fun trying for that perfect shot. They all make good memories.

    ReplyDelete