Sunday 22 November 2015

smile like you're having fun.

So when the fall leaves start changing to their beuatiful red, yellow and gold colors my first thought is that we just neeeeeeeeed to get family portraits. I envision Simon and I holding hands along a scenic trail glowing with joy...our kids will be following close behind and and doing all sorts of candid adorable things like kissing each other and burying each other in crisp crunchy leaves as the fall sunshine shines down.

I got so excited when my uber-talented-at-everything sister offered to do our family pictures one sunny Saturday morning but when I tell my wonderful husband, he looks at me like he rather go to the dentist. I actually think he might have called his dentist to see if he could get that root canal changed to Saturday morning. I don't think there is any activity he loathes more than family photos but alas, he is awesome and tells me that even though he doesn't see the point of taking family photos again ("we did them LAST year?! Why do we need more?! Everyone looks almost the same!) he will smile like he wasn't hating every moment of it.

And well when it came to picture day, let's just say I am so grateful for everyone's patience and Welch's fruit gummies because without either, these photos would of not happened and all that would have been captured would be one blurry girl who just wanted to run with her stuffed doggy, Coconut; a miserable boy who couldn't catch up to his much faster sister and kept falling along the trail; an exasperated husband who was telepathically asking me 'are we done yet?' and me - who was pretending like we were all really have F.U.N. and that this wasn't a totally terrible idea.

So with further ado, I present to you some of my favorites..I really love these photos and I am so glad we captured these because I don't think anyone is up for more family pictures for awhile.....












1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you all on the wonderful photos. Rainbow, I know how hard it is to photograph this family, they are always moving! You did a great job. Love the blog Vanessa, as always.

    ReplyDelete