Sunday 6 May 2018

Blood, sweat and tears.

To my sweet little girl -
I was so proud of you, it was your first 2.5 km race and you rocked it. It was so fun to run hand in hand together. I love that when you said your heart was beating too fast, you never gave up and you kept on going. You worked hard for that medal!
And today was my turn, I was up several times during the night because I was afraid I would sleep through my six different alarm clocks. But all was well and I made it to the starting line by 6:15am. All was going well until around 7 km in, it was getting a bit crowded so I tried to pass somebody and I tripped (maybe over my own feet) and crashed on the pavement. I could feel my knee and my hands stinging, I knew my knee was probably bleeding but I didn't want to stop to look at it so I got up and just kept running - although much slower now.  The rest of the race was going in between 'wow, this city is so gorgeous" to "why did I pay to do this? my knee hurts so bad"

My time to beat was 1 hr 51 minutes and I knew I wouldn't make it but I always tell you that when things are hard, you need to just keep going. I always tell you that you can do hard things. I always tell you that you never give up. So I kept on thinking that I need to just finish this and I was so happy to see you and Noah and Daddy and Auntie Rainbee at the finish line. It was just what I needed to get to the end.

 Thanks for being the best cheerleader I could ask for, I was still able to finish in 2:02 which is not the time I was aiming for but sometimes you just got to keep putting one foot in front of the other and make it to the end. I hope you and Noah will do more races with me as you get older. I am already planning for next year and next time I am going to work on not tripping over my own feet.
I love you to the moon and back!
Love Mom


1 comment:

  1. Way to keep on going Vanessa. Way to encourage the kids to be active too. Congratulations Natallie on your first run. Noah you are an awesome cheerleader. Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete