Thursday 17 March 2022

Pierced!

 To my sweet girl,

Today was our mama-daughter date and it was special one. You have been asking to get your ears pierced for the last year or so and I told you that you need to show me that you can be responsible with taking care of yourself first. I don't know how many times a week I ask the same question, "When was the last time you showered?" and then we both furrow our eyebrows and try to think back and it always turns out to be a sad 3, 4 or sometimes 5 days ago. Fail. But recently, you have stepped it up. You made a plan to shower every other day and you would color in your calendar with a purple marker after you did. I was impressed. I haven't had to pester you to take a shower in the last month. Pretty decent.

So today I decided to surprise you. I think you were in shock.

We went to Geronimo Tattoos and XStaci Piercings. You said you were so excited but nervous too. The lady there (Staci) was really nice and explained everything to you. She used the needle and did a great job. You said it hurt only a tiny bit. 

Then we celebrated with our mama-daughter favourite meal - Pho! So good on a pouring wet and cold day. We went to the mall after and picked out pretty earrings that you can wear once it heals up in a couple of months.  

When I was little, I had to wait until I was 11 and on my birthday, my mom brought me to Claire's to get my ears pierced. It was super special taking you to get your ears pierced today. It's a milestone. Double digits and growing up to a young lady. You are beautiful inside and out. 


Love you to the moon and back.

XOXO 

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment