Sunday 7 October 2012

Natallie's room

 When we first found out we were pregnant, Simon was probably dreaming of the day Natallie would be old enough to go snowboarding with him and land backflips with him but I was thinking about the cute outfits Natallie would wear and also what the nursery would look like. I briefly looked at pictures on Pintrest and it was a bit overwhelming to see how spectacular some baby rooms were. Then later, reading in celebrity magazines the ridiculous amount of money that people spend on their nursery room is insane. I started lusting over the matching bedsheets and crib bumpers (although crib bumpers are apparently totally evil and definitively cause SIDS). I wanted just the perfect crib and it just needed to match the changing table. I am so happy with Natallie's room now and pretty proud that we kept the cost pretty low. The cute white crib was bought with the mattress off Craigslist, the white changing table was a clearance floor model from Zellars and Simon sprayed the originally black night table to match the rest of the furniture. And the wall decals are my favourite part, at first I really wanted the big huge stickers but they cost almost $100 and I knew I couldn't justify telling Simon that I spent that much on a sticker! I managed to find all the wall decals on the internet or at Winners for under $20 each. My favourite is the artwork on the wall. I really wanted to find some prints to match the owl sitting on the branch and the bird canvas print I got from Winners but I couldn't find anything that matched so I decided to make them myself. To my surprise, they actually turned out really nice!  What do you think?
I made the porcupine, the squirrel, the owl and the turtle!

And I also like the verse I have up on the wall "Every good and perfect gift is sent from above" (James 1:17) Every time I'm in there nursing Natallie or changing yet another diaper, it helps me remember to be thankful for every moment I have with my baby girl. I feel so blessed and thankful to have a beautiful girl and be able to watch her reach so many new milestones in the last year.

And I am thankful for you for sharing in the adventure of parenting with me.

                                                    Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. I am sure when Natallie grows up, she will always be thankful for all the little & big things you have done for her (and her bedroom) with LOVE! It is indeed a very lovely, creative and cute decoration. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed. You're quite the artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Ness! Bye bye farms, and hello new animals...they look great :)

    ReplyDelete