Sunday 6 October 2013

black, white & pee.

One of the perks of having a newborn is that they can't run away or whine when you want to a take photo of them. My favourite newborn photos are the black and white shots of a newborn in their birthday suit being held by daddy's big strong arms. So since you can learn to do anything on the internet, I read a few blogs about tips for getting good pictures and it said to make sure the baby was fed and asleep and in a warm room and something about lighting but I'm not a photographer so I omitted any technical advice. So yesterday morning, I made sure Noah had been fed, he had been asleep until I took his pajamas off and I figured I'd be done the pictures before he knew he was naked and cold. And as for lighting, well the lights were on in our bedroom. I figured that was as good as I could get. I got Simon to hold Noah in his forearm and before I could even snap a photo, Noah started peeing all over his arm. I actually have a photo where you can see the pee dripping off Simon's arm. The blog did not say what to do when child starts peeing and I was laughing too hard to take pictures but managed to compose myself to take a few good ones.

this is one of my favourite post-pee pictures
So far it had only been a 2 minute photo shoot and since he peed already I convinced Simon to just wipe off his arm and put Noah against his chest and again literally 5 seconds after Noah was on Simon's chest, he peed again! This time the pee didn't stop for almost a minute, I had to run to get reinforcement towels to save our carpets.  So between giggling and mopping up pee, I managed to capture a few more daddy and son moments. I think if Simon wasn't soaked in pee, it would of been more a lovely bonding moment. Ha ha.

So thank you Simon for being such a good sport about it and enjoy these black, white and pee-stained photos.




5 comments:

  1. I love all the photos! How did you make Noah smile and look at the camera?!! The peeing part is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make him smile . he's just happy to be peeing on daddy =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love the difference between "perfect" and "reality" - something reality is much funnier! :-) I can just imagine you giggling hysterically while Simon holds his peeing son. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely precious. I'm sure he'll appreciate this story when you tell it at his wedding. Good job hanging in there Simon, nothing a shower afterwards won't fix up, it's just baby pee. Good job snapping at just the right moment Vanessa. All in all, a very successful photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great photo shoot! i can totally picture Vanessa laughing in hysterics while Simon stood by, calm as can be.

    ReplyDelete