Sunday 17 June 2018

super heroes in training.

So proud of these superheros that baked cookies to raise money for the Run for H20. We have been doing this event every year and it's more fun and meaningful every year as the kids understand the impact they are making. This year the event raised an astounding $207,00 for families in Talaxcoc, Guatemala!! That means 190 families will have benefit from the building of a spring-fed water system for their village – and soon these families don't have to walk for miles and miles to get dirty water, they can have fresh, clean water for the rest of their lives! Can I get an Amen?!
There was so much excitement and a paparazzi of cameras as all the little superheros start the race...can you spot my little Wonder Women and the Flash?
Little Bro tapped into his inner Flash and zipped the whole way...not sure if the course was actually 1km but the chip timer said he finished in 5 minutes and 5 seconds. That's crazy fast!
So proud also of Big Sis in a different way. She was planning to race her fastest but noticed her friend needed someone encouragement so instead she held hands with her and jogged slowly with her the whole way.  Proud mom moment!
  Look at their capes and their matching pigtails....heart melting...
And also proud of my friend Lisa whom I convinced about a month ago to run the 10 km with me despite the fact she hasn't run 10 km in over half a decade. She went on training runs with me once a week and she totally rocked it on race day. We finished the 10 km hand-in-hand in one hour and one second! Woo hoo! I think I have a new running buddy!
Had so much fun with my little superheroes for a such a worthy cause. My sister will be going to Guatemala this year to oversee these water projects. Proud of her and all the work she does! What an amazing event to be a part of! See ya next year!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment